- Master JiGong asked,
- Human existence!
- What is it for?
- ‘It is to seek a permanent home to go to.’
- He dictated a poem,
- "Life is like a play
- Yet how greedy we are
- For the short-lived delight of the siesta
- Before long all our glorious and flaming
deeds shall vanish!
- Before long we shall hastily live and
- Then he further said,
- "Why contend among others and oneself
- And boast about one’s wisdom and talents?
- When the ‘Wind and Fire’ disperses
- The old and young exists no more!
- The great earth wears heroes to pieces
- The white hair will soon invade the black
- On the river of love (desire), how many
appears and disappears?
- In the burning-house, one suffers births
- Life is impermanent
- The world is just an illusory flower and a false scene
- We must be able to see through this dream
- We must be able to disillusion with the impermanence
- Disciples! Master JiGong said,
- "If you are trapped within this illusory
flower and false scene
- And stay unawake from the dream
- You will be dragged along by the destiny
for the whole life
- And your mind will not be able to turn the
situations around you
- All the beautiful scenes will fade away
with the merciless time and tide
- We can only borrow the impermanent to
create the permanent
- Hence a clever and wise person
- Will definitely make use of the shortness
- To set up an eternal and divine
- Once my father told me
- With just a blink, he was an old man of 70 years old
- And he could remember very clearly
- That it was like yesterday he was a young boy
- How time flies!
- Life is short
- Be the clever and wise man
- Create the permanent
- Practise TAO.