- One day in late 1996
- I was having a drink at a stall
- Beside was a shop selling birds
- Looking at the beautiful birds and the crowd
- I studied their faces
- They were certainly lack of compassion
- Then one of them tried to feed a bird in a cage
- A small and very beautiful yellow bird
- Priced at RM100 each
- In my mind, I wished the bird would escape
- True enough it escaped and flew away
- Within the next few seconds
- Three crows from nowhere attacked it
- It was injured and the crow held it
- Tightly in its claws and standing on a tree branch nearby
- The man from the shop frightened the crow from below
- The crow dropped the yellow bird
- Injured and could not fly, it dropped to the ground
- The man picked it up, grinning
- What a short freedom!
- In life we can also see many of such happenings to human
- The prisoners may escape but most likely will be caught
- Likewise we are trapped in this world, a bigger prison
- Sooner or later, will be caught again and again……
- Birth and death, birth and death……again and again…..
- From one body to another….. endlessly
- The eternal soul is forever trapped in one form or another
- Unless we know the real freedom
- Treasure the temporary freedom we have on earth
- Earn the permanent freedom in Heaven
- Receive Tao, Cultivate Tao and Propagate Tao
- And be free forever
- This is true because I had seen our seniors who had passed
- Came back as immortals, saint, bodhisattva……in the Temple of
- The Buddha said
- ‘To be a Buddha is not a dream’
- It is real.
- Go for the real wholeheartedly
- One day you will know and agree with me
- Either here or in Heaven!
- If we ever meet!
- May you have the real freedom
- And not short freedom like the little bird
- Salvation is the real freedom.